Internal wall insulation
Make your home warmer & reduce condensation
How Baxter Kelly works
Tell us about your home and circumstances
We then give you a real-time estimate of costs involved.
We get in touch with you to review specifics
This means we offer the right recommendations & supply an accurate quote
Our installers provide the work agreed on
And if any aftercare is required, we resolve issues as fast as possible.
Internal wall insulation – warmer in winter, cooler in summer.
If your home was built before the 1920s, its external walls are probably solid walls rather than cavity walls.
However solid walls can still be insulated. It’s a different process, and normally a more expensive one. However, it can lead to higher savings than with cavity wall insulation.
How much does internal wall insulation cost?
Work conducted under the ECO or ECO Flex schemes come at zero cost to the customer. The price of any work conducted outside these schemes is dependent on the size of the property and location, among other factors. Finance available. Get a real-time quote below.
Should I be insulating my solid wall house internally or externally?
When you’re weighing up the pros and cons of both types of insulation, there are a few factors to consider:
- If you want to keep the external appearance of your property looking the same, internal wall insulation may be more suitable.
- Planning permission is required for external wall insulation (because it changes the appearance of the building), whereas in most cases internal wall insulation doesn’t. It does have to comply with building regulations however.
- External insulation is less disruptive and can be installed with little inconvenience to house residents.
- Internal insulation is an excellent option if you were looking to decorate anyway, as it leaves you with a smooth plasterboard finish.
- If your internal floor space is already tight, internal insulation will make your rooms slightly smaller which may make external wall insulation a more attractive option.
Request a quick quote
Here at Baxter Kelly, we pride ourselves on our reputation.
One very happy family
Extremely happy with the service I have received from the first phone call to the installation. Thank you very much, I would highly recommend you to everyone. Very professional and installers were a pleasure.
We had external wall insulation fitted at our property, I am really happy with the finish and the work was completed to a great standard. The team were polite and kept us updated during the install.
Would 100% recommend them to anyone in the future.
Excellent service from start to finish. Would recommend to anyone who requires their home insulating!!